Monday, December 31, 2007

お正月おめでとう。

Alas, here I am on New Year's Eve, blogging like a loser. Tonight I came back from Thailand and I ought to be at a big party in Tokyo, but instead, I chose to stay alone at Chu's and chill by myself. I'm terribly tired as I woke up at 5 am in order to make it to the airport on time. Besides that, I'm still not walking all that great since the motorbike accident, and I don't think an all night bender in the city would be the best thing for me right now. And lastly, I'm a bit uneasy about seeing someone who I had a rather strange hook-up with not long ago, and I don't think I'm in the right mood to feign nonchalance and しょうがないness.

I'm glad to be here, though, drinking alone in someone else's room. Since this will be the last night I'll be indulging in the spirits of freedom, it ought to be done exactly like this. It's not that bad though, since Chu left me a bowl to entertain my lonely mind for the night. She's pretty fucking awesome, but you may have already learned that from my Thailand blurb. I could probably hang out in her house for days as she's got tons of books, that I have already reorganized into a shelf of what I want to read and in what order. They mostly have to do with cooking, sex and Mary Jane. There's some alright fiction in there, as well, though. She's also got a bunch of good movies, a guitar and computer. Ya, I know, huh.

I briefly mentioned that this will be the last night in a while that I will be writing to you from a drunken Japan. My New Year's Resolution is going to see a bit crazy. Believe me, it took about three weeks for me to completely digest the fact that I was actually going to do this. In fact, the idea came from someone who I like to call my "monthly AA sponser". Well, actually, this friend is my closest neighbor in Japan who has partook in two, month-long sobriety stints that forbade the use of both alcohol and tobacco. When Dave told me his plan take the quitting game on for an entire year, I nearly fell off my bicycle. However, I came to realize that this is the perfect time to implement the purification plan that I've been meaning to do for quite some time now. I made a detailed list and chart of all the things that I want from Toby and 2008.

And here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment