Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Mornin' Fuji-san!

After a wonderful bike ride to school this morning, riding on the riverside, I searched for a Fuji-song to add to this post for your entertainment.

COINCIDENTALLY, I came upon the SAME music that plays for the 5pm chime that rings throughout my neighborhood. Click here if you want to listen to it.

Now, all I have to do is memorize it, and I can sing along everyday at 5 o'clock!


When I see Fuji from where I live, the full Fuji is blocked by another mountain, Mt. Ashitaka, which blocks my view from its large body. From where I live and work, all I can see is the crown, but it's still quite beautiful.

If you've ever wondered how Fuji was formed, watch this video. It's very cool. At about 3:38 on this video, you can see where the little bump in the side of Fuji came from, as well as understanding a little more about why the Izu area is so rich in hot springs.





I'll leave you with this....
A Japanese tour guide singing the Fuji song in English. Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment