Thursday, September 08, 2011

Yes, We Scan!

QR codes are the all the rage here in Japan. It's a type of barcode that has a variety of uses. You can put it in magazines, party flyers, posters, advertisements, and even on your business card. This bar code allows somebody to use their cell phone to scan and quickly get the link to more information on the internet.

I saw a coworker use it with their Japanese cell phone, and I was amazed. However, when I learned that there's a free iPhone app that also scans these codes, I grew very excited. These bar codes had been a mystery to me for so long.


This app, called Qrafter, can be downloaded from the American or Japanese iTunes. If you buy the advanced version, you can also use the QR code generator and make your own bar codes that link to websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment