Sunday, May 20, 2007

Day 21

It has been 3 weeks since smoking or drinking, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. That's not to say that I don't mentally imagine what flavor Chuhai or what type of beer I'd purchase when passing the beer fridge in a Konbini. Doing this as you pass any alcohol aisle or cigarette machine is strangely relaxing. It's almost as if you really were pulling a cold, Mango chuhai or a green Yebisu hops right out of the fridge.

Last night I went to a party at Grace's and drank various types of tea. It was quite interesting watching everyone else drinking it up and seeing how the other half lives. I miss smoking, but not all that much, however I am pretty sure that it will be extremely difficult to keep away from them after my dry month is over. I'm still going to try, though. It was incredibly helpful to maintain willpower when you have a friend helping you out. In fact, I attribute most of my success to Dave's co-quitting since I probably would have said "fuck it" during the first day of Golden Week and every weekend since, because it just seemed so impossible. Though it's not a bet or a competition, I refused to fuck up the sober streak, as long as he was sticking to it, and so here I am three weeks later--all straight-edge and shit. Crazy huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment