Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Hitchhiker's Guide to Faraway Lands

Somewhere within the interim between The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test and that book they just made into a movie, the one that constantly stresses the necessity of bringing a towel---it was in those couple of weeks that I became who I am today. It was during that time that I first fell in love.
It didn't feel any different at the time, which is how I flew through the following two years so careless and slappy. I remember people accusing me at the time. Forms filled with all appropriate signatures and addendums, I heard it from everyone. Well, everyone except for that silly, objective flounder of a creature in whom I was with love. I am embarrassed to think of it now. To admit to such a careless state of unrecognizable self is quite the climb up Fuji-san, in today's terms. No one climbs mountains anymore, too much strain on the umbilical.
Instead, we climb trees, and metal statues in the park.
Somewhere, between 2 books and 2 years, I left a pair of glasses on yr nightstand. Running frightfully blind. Since, I haven't any hints of where to head, now. There ought to be laws 'gainst thinking at night, drinking at night..............

No comments:

Post a Comment