Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween in Shimada, Japan

Before I even talk about Halloween night with the little kids, I've gotta give a shout out to my kids at Shimako, because they did an awesome job with Halloween. On Thursday, if the internet is not as hideously slow as it was 2 weeks ago, then they should have a whole bunch of stuff to say about Halloween. Click here to hear about it.
www.shimadakoko.blogspot.com



Okay, so now I will tell you about how my neighbor rocks. She used to live in Canada and LOVES Halloween...maybe even more than me! I only say this because not only is her house completely decorated in Halloween attire, she organized this Trick or Treat session with the the parents of the children in her daughter's preschool. So I came along on their trip around downtown Shimada where they trick or treated at about 5 different houses. Each kid was dressed up, and had a cute little bag to receive their treats in. Seriously, Kawaii!!!! Mei, her daughter, probably loves Halloween even more than Hiromi because she was running around in such an excited haze, and insisted that her mom keep the Jack o Lantern outside for the night. I must admit that I am ridiculously lucky to have met such enthusiasts of Halloween, because I'd be so sad if I had spent tonight just chilling in my apartment. Mei and her Mommy dressed as matching pumpkins while I changed my costume from a Shimada Koko student to a neko (cat). The kids loved my tail and kept trying to chase me to catch it. Seriously, as silly as this may sound, I don't think I've enjoyed Halloween this much since I was just a little kid, when I really was serious about Halloween. You know what I mean....going out and filling yr bag with candy, coming back, watching the Simpsons, and falling asleep so tired and happy. I miss childhood!



This is the Jack-o-Lantern that Emi and Sayaka carved earlier today. It is green, and orange inside! I think Japanese pumpkins may be even prettier than our American ones!

Here is Hiromi and me....She is the one responsible for this awesome trick or treat trip we took tonight.

Here's Mei on the left and her preschool friends!

Here we all are!

Another pic of the kids.....

Here's me in my Halloween happiness.

And last but not least, here is the front of my apartment....complete with the green jack-o-lantern....
Wait, did i say that I love Halloween? Oh, wait, i think i did.....

No comments:

Post a Comment