Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Me ゃ Miyajima

About a half hour on JR and 10 min. ferry ride, is Miyajima. This place is pretty famous as it is considered one of the top 3 scenic places in all Japan, symbols of Japan, one might say.

The Itsukushima Shrine stands in the water, and has been around for many years.

I think this building is called Senjokaku. Notice the beginning of the sakura, or cherry blossoms.

Here's me and the water Torii, or gate. I'm trying to go for the Huck Finn look.

Here's me and a deer.


Here is an Omiyage shop. In Miyajima, I saw lots of paddleball looking objects that Stephanie said were rice spoons. Duh. I wanted to buy a samurai sword, but I was informed that they were not Hattori Hanzos. Not only that, i imagined myself like Homer Simpson when he had his gun. You know, with him shooting off the lights and the TV out of laziness. Plus, they were about ni-man(200) and I was running out of money by that point.

Here is the view from Miyajima back onto the main land.

These tasty little treats are a kind of machi. The green ones are made of mugwort, whatever the hell that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment